|U.S. Naval Observatory||Washington, D.C.|
1. This is a World Wide Web site for official information about the U.S. Naval Observatory. These World Wide Web pages are provided as a public service by the U.S. Naval Observatory. The purpose is to provide information and news about the U.S. Naval Observatory to the general public.
2. All information presented on these pages is considered public domain and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
3. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
4. For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
5. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
6. Except for authorized law enforcement investigation and to maintain required correspondence files, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
7. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Home] [About USNO] [FAQ] [Products] [Public Affairs] [Site Map] [News]